Your sump pump is one of those items you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s working as it should. The good news is that the experts at Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Dallas home.
Sump pumps can fail for several of different reasons and we’ve probably witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Service Experts a call to come and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tricks to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our experts will observe your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any clue of a possible issue, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is crucial to note there are several very basic things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 469-249-1971
or request an appointment online.