If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People inside the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are thinking they could be caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in many instances the homeowner is liable. Luck for you, the experts at Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done correctly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Dallas codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to take on a number of gas line projects in the Dallas community, so no job is too much for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are on their way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks right away.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.